As a supplier of Deutsche Bahn you are an important partner for our sustainable success. With the help of our group-wide supplier management we ensure together with our partners high quality standards. This also relates to the data quality of invoices. To ensure that invoices are paid within the contractual agreed payment terms, you can find on this portal the relevant DB invoicing requirements.
Electronic Submission of Invoices, Credit Notes and Dunning Letters for selected* Deutsche Bahn entities in Germany
As environmental sustainability is important for us, we kindly ask to submit your invoice, credit note or dunning letter via e-mail. Please note the following information for the electronic submission:
- Please submit your invoice, credit note or dunning letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Please send us your invoice or credit note as an attachment via e-mail using the ZUGFeRD-format. The standard PDF-format is only allowed in exceptional cases. For dunning letters only the standard PDF-format is permitted. Other formats or document types are not processed and will be rejected.
- If an attachment belongs to your invoice, credit note or dunning letter, the documents must be included in one file. Each invoice, credit note or dunning letter must be submitted via a separate e-mail. If an e-mail contains various files in the ZUGFeRD- or PDF-format they cannot be processed.
- A separate file must be created in the ZUGFeRD- or PDF-format for each invoice, credit note or dunning letter.
- Please note that the text content of an e-mail cannot be read due to the automatic processing.
- Please send us readable documents and no handwritten invoices, credit notes or dunning letter as these cannot be processed.
- Only unencrypted files are accepted.
- Please do not use special characters for the file name as these cannot be processed.
- The maximum size of one e-mail must not exceed 5 MB.
- Please use a valid e-mail address (no no-reply-address) to which a confirmation or rejection may be sent if necessary.
- Our e-mail address is a mailbox for electronic processing of invoices, credit notes and dunning letters only. No other documents (for example order confirmations, delivery notes, requests, etc.) shall be sent to this address. Please send these documents as done before.
- If using the electronic submission of invoices, credit notes or dunning letters the additional mailing of the paper documents is not permitted.
*Deutsche Bahn entities, which cannot receive electronic documents, are listed below. The electronic submission for these entities cannot be processed and will be rejected.
Overview of Deutsche Bahn Entities without Electronic Invoice Receipt
- AMEROPA-REISEN GmbH
- Berlin Linien Bus GmbH
- DB Cargo BTT GmbH
- DB Cargo Logistics GmbH
- Deutsche Bahn Connect GmbH
- DB Fuhrparkservice GmbH
- DB Media & Buch GmbH
- DB Verwaltungsgesellschaft WBN mbH
- Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures GmbH
- Deutsche TRANSFESA GmbH Internationale Eisenbahn-Spezial-Transporte
- DVA Deutsche Verkehrs-Assekuranz-Vermittlungs-GmbH
- infraView GmbH
- KombiTerminal Burghausen GmbH
- MegaHub Lehrte Betreibergesellschaft mbH
- QT Mobilitätsservice GmbH
- Regionalverkehre Start Deutschland GmbH
- Station Food GmbH
- TFG Transfracht Internationale Gesellschaft für kombinierten Güterverkehr mbH
- Unterstützungskasse der Firma H.M. Gehrckens Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start Augsburg mbH
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start Emscher-Münsterland mbH
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start Niedersachsen mbH
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start NRW mbH
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start Ostsachsen mbH
- Verkehrsgesellschaft Start Unterelbe mbH
Submission of Invoices, Credit Notes and Dunning Letters via post
- Please submit your invoice, credit note or dunning letter to a for the respective entity valid DB billing address.
- Please send us readable documents and no handwritten invoices, credit notes or dunning letter.
- Use the format ISO A4 for your invoice, credit note or dunning letter.
- If an attachment belongs to your invoice, credit note or dunning letter these documents must be attached. One envelope can contain multiple attached invoices, credit notes or dunning letters.